If you are not yet pregnant, but have a strong desire to conceive, you will certainly have many questions. A midwife consultation may seem somewhat premature, however there is a great deal with which we can assist you at this stage. We can answer all your questions, provide referrals and explain the options.
If you are trying to conceive and want to be well prepared, we would be delighted to provide you with the necessary information and to answer all your questions, such as:
- Can I become pregnant at my age?
- What is the effect of my unhealthy eating habits on my baby?
- Am I at higher risk of having a baby with Spina Bifida if my mother-in-law has?
- How long after cessation of the pill can I become pregnant?
- How will I know whether I am pregnant and when I am ovulating if I have a very irregular cycle?
- What are the effects of taking medication while trying to conceive and what are the effects on the unborn baby?
- And numerous other questions you might have about conception…
Besides answering all these questions for you, we can also advise you regarding your particular circumstances and provide an onward referral if required.
Our midwifery practice offers conception consultations. This surgery is especially for women who are not yet pregnant. Please contact us if you have any queries or would like to make an appointment. We look forward to meeting you!